Introduction: Candy-Flower Basket
A flower bouquet is a great present for Mother's day; candy is also a good variant.
But can we combine both of them? In this instructable, we will make some flowers, which consist a candy inside.
Step 1: Materials and Tools
- Some crepe paper rolls. We need two (or more) colors for petal and one or two shadows of green for leaves;
- One roll of stretch wrap. We need quit narrow wrap ribbon, so we need a saw to cut off a small piece of the roll;
- A piece of foam polystyrene and a knife to cut it off;
- Acrylic paint and brushes;
- Tooth sticks;
- A basket, where we put out flowers;
- Bouquet wrap (optional);
- "Grass", beads, etc for additional decorating (optional);
- Ruller, a pair of compasses and a pencil;
- Some candy (the main component!).
As far as candy is the main component, let me share some tips. It is preferable to choose cone-shape candy. Try out the candy wrap texture: is it paper-like or foil-like? I found the foil-like wrap easier to work.
Step 2: Cut Out Details
1. Chose colors of crepe paper for petals and leaves.
2. For petals, cut out rectangular pieces (4cm x 20 cm or 1.5" х 8" approximately). I used three petals for each flower, but you may use four or six pelats.
3. For leaves, cut out triangular pieces (2.5 cm x 15 cm or 1" х 6" approximately). I used 3 leaves for each flower.
Step 3: Making Flowers
1. Put a tooth stick on a cone apex (do you remember, I recommended to use cone-shaped candy). Then attach them by stretching wrap.
2. Fold a petals detail in a criss-cross manner.
3. Put opposites sides together. It should make a sphere-like shape.
4. Put the candy (with a tooth stick attached) inside the sphere.
5. Attach the petal to the tooth stick by stretching wrap
6. Add two more petals...
6. Add a leave and attach the same manner.
Step 4: Basket Decorating
1. Cut out a piece of foam polystyrene in a shape of your basket. If your basket is circular shape, it is quite easy.
2. Color the foam polystyrene with acrylic paint.
3. You may cover the foam by bouquet wrap (optional).
4. Put the foam detail to the basket.
5. Pin flowers into the foam detail.
6. You may add some "grass", beads and other stuff if you like.
Step 5: More Candy-Flower Bouquets
Runner Up in the
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.