Introduction: Kheer - an Indian Dessert
India is famous for various desserts, the vast culture gives different and unique recipes to their own dessert. And one popular India dessert is Kheer, it is a milk based dessert made during any festive occasions.
In this instructable I'm going to show you how to prepare Kheer.
Step 1: Ingredients
Here is what you need to your shopping list-
- 1/2 liter of Milk
- 250g of Vermicelli
- Dry Fruits
- 5 Tablespoons of Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons of Ghee (Clarified butter)
Step 2: Hot Pan
- Start with heating a pan and add some ghee into it.
- Next add the Vermicelli and stir till it becomes golden in color.
Step 3: Milk
- In an other pan add milk and when it boils add sugar and stir.
- after the sugar has dissolved add the Vermicelli mixture from the previous step and continue stirring.
Step 4: Dry Fruits
- In another pan add some ghee and once hot add some dry fruits.
- Stir it to give an even roast.
Step 5: Finishing
- After the dry fruits have been well roasted.
- Add it to the kheer you prepared in the earlier step.
- Continue cooking and stirring until the Vermicelli has been cooked.
Step 6: Serving
This dessert tastes best when served hot, you can further garnish it with some dry fruits and honey.
And now you should have your Indian style kheer ready to be eaten.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.