Introduction: Remote Controlled Pet Feeder
In this instructables i will be showing how you can build a simple Remote controlled Pet Feeder.With this simple arduino project you can feed your pet using a remote control .All you need is an Arduino Uno board(or similar),a plastic bottle,a servomotor(doesn't have to be very powerful),a TV remote ,IR Receiver(TS0P1738) and a small piece of cardboard.
Let's get Started...........
Step 1: Parts and Tools Required
- Arduino Uno
- Servo Motor(I've used SG90 servo motor)
- IR receiver(TSOP1738)
- Any TV remote
- Jumper wires
- Plastic bottle
- Small piece of Cardboard
- Hot Glue gun
Step 2: Installing the IR Library
Step 3: Decoding IR Signals
- First you need to connect the parts as per the given circuit diagram
- You can checkout Pin out of TSOP1738 below
- You can download arduino sketch for decoding IR remote or you can get it from my Github page
- Open Arduino IDE and Upload code
- Open Serial Monitor
- Aim your remote at the sensor and press each button
- you can see different numbers for each button
- Consider any two buttons,and note down decoded values.In my case I have chosen Power button and Mode button.
I got following values
Mode button =33446055
- we will be using this two values to control rotation of servo motor.you need to add this two values in the program which is given on next step
Let's set-up the final hardware...................
Step 4: The Final Circuit !
- Connect the servo's signal pin to pin#9 on the arduino
- connect the servo's VCC and GND pins to 5V VCC and GND on the arduino
- The servo will be glued to one end of the plastic bottle ,and rotate a piece of cardboard small enough to close the opening of the bottle so that the food is blocked.
- If all the hardware set-up is connected properly, you can simply compile and upload the sketch to the board.
- Now you can control your opening of pet feeder dispenser with this simple project :)
Step 5: Watch Video!
This is an entry in the
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.