Introduction: Vintage Bluetooth Speaker
See the process of this project and learn how to do it
Step 1: 3D Design
As usual I always use a CAD software in order to help myself with my projects, this time I use Fusion 360 for the design with all measurements and materials, rendering for have a look for I was going to get in the end. And also to change any detail before construction.
You can see the design with all pine wood and MDF material, and also the 2D drawing of wood cuts which are actually pretty simple. Then, the speaker with the hedge material and finally the render.
The MDF panels have to be smaller because of the wrap material, I decided to cut at the size 2D draw show and then sanded it until it fit perfectly.
Step 2: Wood Cuts
I bought wood pine with special measurements for an easy cut, I marked the place where to cut and with the help of wood and some clamps I used a jigsaw for straight cuts. I did the same with the MDF but I forgot to take pictures.
Step 3: Gluing
With the help of frame strap clamp I did the gluing always making sure it was square. I decided to made the joint stronger with 1/4 '' wood dowels, and always starting the drill with smaller bits to the big ones. And then with the help of a hammer and glue I made it all strong.
Step 4: Filling and Sanding
I sanded all with 80, 100, and 120 sandpaper and cut all the leftovers. I applied a part of wood filler in the places that needed it and then sanded again. All the surface had to look perfect for the vinil.
Step 5: Front and Back Face
I draw the circumference of the speakers into one of the MDF sheet and cut it with the jigsaw, it was not perfect but as it was going to be covered I left that way. I used a dremel with an engraving drill for making a little space for the speakers to attached easily. Also had a look of how the electronics were going to be.
Step 6: Electronics
The electronics are pretty simple, I let you this ugly diagram and the parts that I use. By using a multimeter I checked there was no unwanted touch between wires.
Also I let you some extra information.
Step 7: Wrapping
I used something called "vinipiel" is something like tolex or synthetic leather it was pretty cheap and easy to find. I used white glue, some clamps and a rule for this, the trickiest part were the corners so I stuck the vinipiel and with a exacto knife I cut in 45 degrees. Also with the help of exacto knife I made the space for the switch in the MDF panel.
For the front panel I found this small plastic tablecloth that look exactly what I was looking for, I painted the front face of MDF panel with gray acrylic paint and wrapped with the help of staples.
Step 8: Assembling
Finally, I made a drill for the charger module and attached with hot glue, put the switch with the nut it had and attached the speaker to the front panel also used hot glue.
I cut acustic foam for inside the box in order to avoid vibrations, I glued some wood cubes so the panels attached to them and had a cap.
I closed it and I connected it to see if it served and it did.
Step 9: Final Test
Once it was completely charged, I turned it on and connected to my phone. I was amazed by the great quality sound for such a small amplifier, it was pretty loud too. The acustic foam really helped to avoid vibrations and got a better sound with more bass. I tried the complete circuit before and the sound was really crappy so the enclosure really helped.
The texture is very good too, pretty nice to touch.
I use 2500 mAh battery, it charges in approximately 2 hrs and lasts about 5 hours so it is pretty useful.
Thank you, you can ask me all you want.
This is an entry in the
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.