Introduction: Wooden Wine Rack and Coaster (Works With Water Too But It's Less Fun..)
My boyfriend is always doing DIY. In his last project (a lamp) he did holes in a wooden board. I told him to make me 2 others same wooden boards. That's the way I have decided to make a bottle rack and write my first instructable so please be nice, I'm a beginner.
Step 1: Supplies
To buy supplies, I went to the DIY store..
What you need :
- Wood offcut. You can use any piece of wood you want. mine were already pierced.
- Threaded rod, nuts and washers (in same diameter !)
- You can use too thermal sheath but it's optional
The tools you need are saber saw and drill.
Step 2: Cuting, Drilling and Screwing
The hole : My boyfriend used a hole saw to make them. I saved the wooden disk and I'll show you how I used them on a following part.
- You have to cut your piece of wood at right size, I used saber saw. If you want straight line cutting, please don't use that tool ! It's too imprecise.
Next time I'll use table saw.
- Pile the 3 pieces of wood and drill each corner to pass threaded rod.
Step 3: Assembly
The assembly is really simple.
- The sketch shows what you have to do.
I add thermal sheath to be sure to have easily the same distance between pieces of wood.
Step 4: Another Offcut Reuse : Wooden Coaster
Holes drilling made a lot of wooden disk.
- You can sand the edge and use them like wooden coaster.
Step 5: Now Let's Have a Drink !
I've enjoyed carrying this project out.
Thank you very much for reading, I hope I gave you some ideas !
If you liked this intructable and if you have any questions or tips please let me know and don’t forget to vote for it !