The tracker is a device that collects the users location and send it to your phone throught bluetooth. The data that is send is formatted as a string. This data is then collected by the connected smartphone and send to the database using azure functions.
In this document we will go over the steps to setup a database, azure functions and an android project.
Step 1: Necessities
- 3D printer
- Arduino Uno
- hc05 module
- locatie module
- Breadboard for testing/setup
- Azure account
- Blob storage account
- Microsoft SQL server management studi
Step 2: Everything Arduino
Recreate the arduino setup as in the second picture.
Upload the code to your arduino
Step 3: Test Bluetooth
Using an android app that views bluetooth serial data, you should get something like this.
Step 4: Setup Database
- Create your database in azure functions
- Connect to your database through SQL server
- copy SQL in a new query
Step 5: Download Local Function App and Sync to Github
- Download my function app
- Copy your database connection string and paste it in the function app in the local.settings.json file
- create a new private github repository
- sync the function app to the github repository using git add .
- open cmd in the project folder
- use git add .
- use git commit -m "added project"
- use git push
Step 6: Azure Functions
- Create a new azure function (pick a location that is closest to yours)
- Platform features --> Deployment options
- Pick github and select your repository
Step 7: Android Project
- Download the android project
- Open the android project
- Open the model folder
- Open the AirsoftManager.cs file
- change every string url to your matching azure function URL