Intro: Gluten Free Coconut Almond Truffles
- Coconut almond truffles are gluten free and can be prepared instantly with easy available ingredients.
- These truffles also called as ladoos are enriched with dessicated coconut,almond powder,condensed milk which makes them very tasty.
- One cup dry dessicated coconut
- Half cup almond powder
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Half cup unsweetened condensed milk
- Few cashews
- Little butter
Step 1: Procedure
- First take almonds and blend them to powder and keep ready
- Take a vessel and add a tablespoon butter or ghee to it.When butter melts add few chopped cashews and roast on low flame.
Step 2: Add Dessicated Coconut
- To same vessel add a cup of dessicated coconut and saute for 3 to 4 minutes on low flame to prevent burning
Step 3: Add Almond Powder
Next add half cup of almond powder and give a mix. Keep mixing for few more minutes on low flame.
Step 4: Add Powdered Sugar
Add about 1/4 cup powdered sugar and give a mix.( If using sweetened condensed milk you can skip adding sugar)
Step 5: Add Condensed Milk
- At last add about half a cup of condensed milk.We can see sugar melts completely and mixture starts thickening.
(Depending upon the consistency of mixture add little more or less condensed milk. Finally we should be able to form small balls from it)
Step 6: Make Small Balls
- Once mixture is thickened we can make small balls from it. Grease hands with little ghee and make small balls.
- Coat the balls with dessicated coconut and garnish with chopped almonds.
Step 7: Enjoy
- Store ladoos in airtight container
-You can also replace almond powder with cashew powder or any of your favourite nut powders