Intro: Diy Repurposed Refrigerator for Tool Storage
So as you can tell through my previous instructable posts I find reuses for almost everything. For this one I decided that my old fridge was the next culprit in my master creation plan. I don't have much space where I live and being a creator I own a bunch of tools of which I have no real place to store. So on a whim, I decided that I'd really like to use the fridge for another purpose. To store all the tools which would otherwise be lying around the studio apartment until I used them again. It made my house look disorganized with the tools just lying around so I set out to get a little more organized and hopefully a place to hide all those tools I had lying around. Since the fridge already had shelving I figured I would incorporate those into the Master plan. Tell me what you think in the comments below, I'd love to hear your ideas!
UPDATE: Just so you know no I do not keep this in my house and yes I have labeled the plastic bins. The location of the fridge tool box is in my carport with a lock on it. Thanks for all the good comments
Step 1: Materials Needed
- 1-old refrigerator
Step 2: Hardware Needed
- Storage containers to fit large medium small various sizes and types
Step 3: Putting It Together
- Really you can just start with the freezer section and move down from there. I decided that the freezer section would be the place to house all my odd and ends. tools that had no place real to go or that I didn't have a place for. So I set in 3 or four relatively small storage containers that I could slide in and out and grab what I needed on a whim.
- since everything is stored in containers there was really no big hack for this exercise project I just bought some cheap containers that were heavy duty enough to store my stuff
- as you can see they stored quite nicely
- I will be marking the containers with a marker to describe what may be in them
- I may add a place to store extension cords as well.
Step 4: Oraganized!
It was an easy project to get organized and probably one that not a lot od people will think of and if your like me and have a bunch of tools you need a place for without anywhere to put them like in a shop or something you can use an old refrigerator as a somewhat last resort.