This the laziest chocolate muffins recipe! Throw all the ingredients in a plastic bag, mix, squeeze into tray, and bake.
These have a strong cocoa flavor and not overly sweet. The texture is soft and moist and slightly crumbly. They're best eaten on the day, while the top is a little crispy (become soft the next day). For how little effort they require, they're fantastic. Definitely worth a try if you like cocoa-y chocolatey goodies.
Please check out the recipe video above. Simple written instructions below.
Ingredients (please note that I use grams, cup measurements are my best guesses):
- 80g (1/2 - 2/3 c) white and/or milk chocolate chips
- 80g (1/2 c) plain yogurt
- small dash of vanilla (optional)
- 2 medium eggs (about 100g in total)
- 80g (1/2 c) sugar - use more if you have a sweeter tooth
- 60g (1/4 c) vegetable oil
- 30g (1/4 c) unsweetened cocoa
- 170g (1 & 1/3 c) self-raising flour
- small pinch of salt (if no salt in your flour)
- heaped 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Pre-heat the oven to 160C/320F (or 140C/285F for fan oven).
Put all the ingredients in a plastic food bag. Close the bag. Massage it for 1-2 minutes until all the ingredients are well mixed. Cut a corner off. Squeeze the batter into lined muffin tray. Fill the cups about 2/3 full. You should get 8-10 muffins.
Bake in the pre-heated oven for 18-22 minutes. Let cool in the tray for few minutes then transfer onto a wire rack.