Things You’ll Need
- Fresh Round Loaf
- Chicken Breasts
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Olive Oil Spices(Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Crushed Red Pepper, Garlic Powder)
Step 1: Marinating
Tip #1 Most common mistake with a chicken sandwich is too thick of a chicken breast!
First begin to marinate the chicken breasts. Slice breasts into tender size pieces place in bowl with Sriracha, chopped garlic, sea salt, black pepper, and a good squeeze of lime. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours. For best results let it sit overnight.
Step 2: Grilling and Element Prep
Tip #2 Play around with flavors.
Preheat the grill on high heat and carefully spray with canola oil. Place chicken on medium heat. While grilling being to prepare the other elements of the sandwich.
- Mash the avocado and season with salt and pepper.
- Season bread slices with olive oil, crushed red pepper, sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Start to fry bacon on low heat.
- Mix Sriracha and Mayo
Tip #3 Don’t overcook the chicken. It will ruin the whole meal.
Flip chicken, and begin to grill bread slices. Be sure to watch over the bread to make sure you don’t burn it.
Step 3: Assembly Pt. 1
Tip #4 Do not over stuff the sandwich make it manageable!
Remove chicken from grill and place onto oven safe dish, cover with pepper jack cheese, and sliced onions, place in oven on high broil. Time to assemble. Take bread slice and spread on avocado.
Step 4: Serving and Suggestions
Once cheese has melted, remove chicken from the oven. Next add on bacon, sliced tomato, chicken, and coat the top slice of bread with Sriracha Mayo and close! Serve and enjoy =)
- Try using different types of bread!
- This is a hearty sandwich great for any meal!
- Serve with a nice glass of with wine.
***For this recipe and more like it check out my food blog at Everythingbutfish.tumblr.com
First Prize in the